Originally published: February 27, 2010.
Last updated: April 26, 2012
*Represents strongest sentiment attached to song
- The Fighter by The Fray
- Wild Ones by Flo Rida ft. Sia
- *Keep Your Eyes Open by NEEDTOBREATHE
- What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club
- River Flows In You (Remix) by Jasper Forks
- *We Found Love by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
- Without You by David Guetta ft. Usher
- To the Moon and Back by Rasmus Thude
- Kl. 10 by Medina
- Sooner or Later by Mat Kearney
- Jet Lag by Simple Plan
- Catgroove by Parov Stelar
- *Ready To Go by Panic! At The Disco
- February Air by Lights
- Building Castles In The Sand by The Philosopher Kings
- Don’t Be Afraid by Elliott Yamin
- Should Be Loved by Blue October
- Fader by The Temper Trap
- *Anywhere But Here by SafetySuit
- *Down (Feat. Lil’ Wayne) by Jay Sean
- Let Me Hear Your Voice by Big Bang
- Take Me Back by Tinchy Stryder ft. Taio Cruz
- Watcha Say by Jason Derulo
- Insomnia by Craig David
- It’s Over by Jesse McCartney
- *2 In The Morning by New Kids On The Block
- Walking On A Dream by Empire of the Sun
- I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
- Bitter Heart by Zee Avi
- If My Heart Was a House by Owl City
- Innocent by Our Lady Peace
- Fantasy by Danny Fernandes
- The Traveling Song by Will.i.am
- *Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap
- St. Patrick’s Day by John Mayer
- The Day I Lost My Voice by Copeland
- The Saltwater Room by Owl City
- Crush by David Archuleta
- Paper Planes by MIA
- Haight St. by Anberlin
- *Never Again by The Midway State
- Hypnotized by Plies Ft. Akon
- Sensual Seduction by Snoop Dog
- Go On Girl by Ne-Yo
- Empty by The Click Five
- *October Came Late by Mainstay
- Over You by Chris Daughtry
That feeling, that feeling of not knowing where I’ll be and what I’ll be doing by the year’s end…
It’s back and it’s thrilling.
University life did not turn out to be like American Pie at all…
No assignments, no projects, and no exams.
Just me, ten tennis balls, and three hours of serving practice in the sun.
I’m really nervous about going back “home” to Guangzhou this summer. Five-year average annual GDP growth ending in 2010 of 13.5%? A second downtown central business district? Gleaming modern architecture?
Things have changed. I just hope my favourite restaurants are still there…
My university offers three general types of environmental degrees: environmental engineering, pure environmental studies, and environment and business.
There’s heavier emphasis on damage control and mitigation in engineering; solutions are often energy and resource intensive such as large wastewater treatment plants or landfills. Real-world work usually entails consulting work for municipal infrastructure projects.
Pure environmental studies focuses more on research and integration among biochemical and ecological concepts.
Environmental and business is the entrepreneurial option. In my opinion, this is where you can make the most impact. I’m not too familiar with this program but the work typically involves corporate “greening” and waste-to-profit solutions.
I would describe environmental engineering as being very behind-the-scenes but it can be rewarding. Engineering is more technical and design focused than the others. Classes aren’t very interesting though because the field doesn’t progress very quickly; they mainly teach you about the status quo.